Easter 2022 at Trinity Church was one for the record books as we welcomed almost 6,000 people to campus between Good Friday and five Easter services over two days. It was an epic celebration, celebrating the fact that JESUS is ALIVE! We had a huge party out front for kids and families and a giant party inside with incredible worship, a Jesus-centered sermon from Pastor Mark, and 86 BAPTISMS!!
We started the weekend remembering the death and burial of Jesus with a set of poignant, emotional Good Friday services. The worship team helped prepare our hearts before Pastor Mark brought a heart-wrenching sermon called “The King is Dead: 12 Reasons Jesus Died for You”. At the end of the service, those in attendance took communion to remember Jesus’ sacrifice for us on the cross before exiting in silence.
While Jesus stayed in the tomb for three days, thankfully at Trinity Church, we only had to wait one day to celebrate the fact that JESUS is ALIVE with two days of Easter parties!
The worship and production team worked extremely hard in preparation for our biggest production to date, celebrating the best news in the history of the world! A huge choir joined our worship team on stage as the party began.
Next, Pastor Mark preached a high-energy, Jesus-centered sermon called “The King is Alive: 21 Reasons to Believe in Jesus’ Resurrection” based on his new book Alive: 21 Reasons to Believe in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. For a free PDF copy of the book, click here.
Each service ended with baptisms, and at one service, there were so many baptisms that a few of them from the previous service spilled over into the next service! We had the privilege of baptizing 86 PEOPLE who wanted to go public with their faith and celebrate the fact that Jesus has changed their lives!
Outside, the party continued throughout the entire weekend with a giant carousel, 80-foot fun slide, baby animal petting zoo, balloon artists and face painters, food trucks, photo opportunities, and so much more! As we always say, we throw parties to practice for Heaven, because Jesus is fun and Heaven will be the party that never ends!
Here are some fun facts, stories, and stats on our Easter weekend:
- The RealFaith team met people from at least nine states and five countries who traveled to Arizona to visit us for Easter
- We baptized 86 PEOPLE
- We served 2,000 lemon and key lime pie shooters, 1,200 bags of cotton candy, 1,000 rice krispie treats, 2,200 cups of lemonade, and 800 bags of popcorn to guests
- We gave away 1,400 balloons and painted the faces of 520 kids
- At least 4 people got saved on Saturday night and returned Sunday to get baptized
- The Trinity interns and junior interns walked a combined 680 miles over the weekend
- 48+ volunteers came to Join the Team: Easter Edition on Wednesday night, dozens of whom served for the first time ever this weekend
- A husband and wife came to church for the first time this past Christmas and they got baptized together this weekend
- Pastor Mark said the word “Jesus” 116 times in his Easter sermon
- 40 people took the stage this weekend between choir, band, orchestra, and vocalists
Click below to watch both our Good Friday and Easter services in their entirety.