Surrounding the birth of Jesus was a great deal of worship to the Lord. Elizabeth prayed a blessing over Mary when the pregnant relatives met to share the good news of their pregnancies with John the Baptizer and Jesus Christ. John was filled with the Spirit in his mother’s womb and leaped for joy in worship at the presence of Jesus in Mary’s tummy. At the birth of Jesus in Luke 2:13-14, angels showed up to sing in worship: “And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, ‘Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!’”
When He was young, Jesus was also visited by Magi (or wise men from the east) who were likely following the Bible teaching their forefathers received from Daniel in Babylon generations prior. They “fell down and worshipped Him” (Matthew 2:11) giving gifts of gold for His Kingship, frankincense for His Priestly service, and myrrh for His sacrifice in death. Since the birth of Jesus Christ, Christians have followed suit by worshipping Him, including with Christmas carols.
In the spirit of worshipping Jesus Christ as our King, this holiday season, we have both a sermon series called “Worship the King!” that will include a new service order, more prayer and a return to weekly communion, and a year-end giving campaign as we invest in growing as a worshipping church family. Our goal is to raise $650,000 beyond our regular budget needs in the final month of 2021. We have a $150,000 matching fund that doubles your gift between now and year-end, and your generous worship gift will help us with the following:
- Upgrade our outdated soundboard that is too small for our growing number of volunteer musicians
- Add more lighting and cameras so that we can improve the worship experience in the main room and also capture the worship and baptisms (over 400 in 2021!) in audio and video format to share online to minister to the more than 100 million people who are receiving Bible teaching through Real Faith from Trinity Church
- Reset our stage, audio tuning, and audio treatment to best use our current main room for worship, thereby allowing us to add additional future worship nights
- Set up our new Trinity Church worship studio with 3,200 square feet of office, meeting, songwriting, recording, and practice space that is in addition to our current studio space
- Add more worship interns and part-time trainees we are developing as worship leaders
- Purchase a mobile sound system for the Versus worship team in Sonora, Mexico. This is a band of young leaders, mainly pastor’s kids, who are holding outdoor and indoor worship events in conjunction with a network of pastors we have supported for years. They share the gospel of Jesus Christ with the next generation and need gear for this ministry which they all volunteer in
- Our epic final worship event of the year with 4 services on December 23-24 with a choir, orchestra, and huge party to share the gospel of Jesus Christ in Scottsdale and capture it all in audio and video to send out online to the nations
Thank you for being a generous church family and we’re excited to see what God does through your generosity to finish out 2021 and head into 2022.
It’s All About Jesus!