Before Pastor Mark’s wife Grace was born, her mom and dad planted a church called The Trinity Church. Grace was born into that church, grew up and was baptized there, then served in the nursery, food bank, and office as a young girl.
The Trinity Church was also the first evangelical church that Pastor Mark ever attended and ever preached in. It was the church that paid for the Bible
that turned his heart to Jesus, and stayed with him throughout the first decade of his ministry.
In 2013, Grace’s father went home to be with the Lord, and Pastor Mark preached his funeral from that same Bible purchased by the church
The Driscolls invited Grace’s mother Linda to be a founding church member of The Trinity Church, along with the Driscoll kids, in honor to the gospel legacy of Grace’s family.
And, serving the same God as the original The Trinity Church, our church aspires to celebrate and honor other churches in Phoenix and beyond, partnering with them for the cause
of God’s Kingdom.
There are also six significant spiritual reasons we chose the name The Trinity Church:
- We are a God-centered church and having our God in the title puts Him first.
- Because the Triune God is a Friend and has Friends, we likewise pursue loving relationships with God and other people.
- The doctrine of the Trinity distinguishes Christianity from all other belief systems.
- Various churches and traditions emphasize God the Father, God the Son, or God the Spirit. We aspire to help people know and love each member of the Trinity equally.
- We believe all of life is to be lived by the power of the Holy Spirit, following the example of Jesus, to the glory of God the Father.
- When Pastor Mark sat down to co-author his systematic theology book, he began with the Trinity, because all Christian theology flows from who God is.